Dear API users,

as most of you probably have noticed, we upgraded about a week ago to the new version. After some initial performance problems we managed to tune the caches so it is now handling traffic well.

Some users have reported problems accessing the API, mostly related to not handling HTTPS and/or redirects. If you are getting "Failed to get data from weather api. Reason: end tag name </body> must match start tag name <hr> from line 5" this means you are trying to parse the HTML message as XML instead of following the 301 redirect. We are also working on recommendations for users using HTTPS via local proxies.

In order to ensure stability of our own services, we have also introduced traffic rate limiting (and in some extreme cases, blocking) for some users not abiding by our terms of use. If you are receiving 429 status codes it means you are being throttled, either due to a missing/generic User-Agent header and/or excessive traffic (>20r/s).

Finally, we have noticed there is a lot of production traffic against (which was only to be used for testing) as well as (which has been deprecated for years). We would like to inform you that these hostnames will be removed within a few months, so please update your applications accordingly.

As always, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have problems or general enquiries.

2018-02-26, Geir Aalberg