Locationforecast - Weather forecast for a specified place
This modules implements a full forecast for one location, that is, a forecast with several parameters for a nine-day period.
The parameters are temperature, wind speed, wind direction, pressure, precipitation, cloudiness, fog, lowClouds, mediumClouds, highClouds and humidity.
This version will also have probability-elements for temperature, wind and symbol (norwegian locations only). A probability element specifies certainty of prognoses for a given parameter for a given time. This certainty is defined by a probabilitycode in the following manner:
probabilitycode certainty values --------------- ---------------- 0 [90% , 100%] 1 [50% , 90%> 2 [ 0% , 50%>
Note: Longterm forecast/EC-data for norwegian locations will have fewer parameters available than version 1.5.
While we only serve current forecasts via the API, you can find historical forecast model data in NetCDF format on http://thredds.met.no/thredds/metno.html.
The availability and content of this product may change without further notice.
latitude in decimal degrees, mandatory
longtitude in decimal degrees, mandatory
whole meters above sea level (integers), optional. This option will only be used outside Norway. In Norway the height will always be taken from our own topography.
Operational status for each model can be checked like this:
The model parameter is required, possible values are:
aromeecepsforecast, aromeecdetforecast, proffecepsforecast, proffecdetforecast
The schema for the xml delivered by this product is available from
- New version 1.9. Old version, 1.8, will expire on 2014-09-09
- new weather symbols are added for finer scale representation of the weather situation, see https://api.met.no/weatherapi/weathericon/1.1/documentation .
- weather symbol ids changed to CamelCase
- "celcius" unit name corrected to "celsius"
- version 1.5 of locationforecast will expire at 2011-10-01. Note that log entry below stating that version 1.5 will be available until version 1.9 is released is no longer correct.
- New attributes for the precipitation element: minvalue, maxvalue and probability. Note that these attributes will only be available for locations in a limited area in Europe.
- 1.8 is meant as a transitional version, you may use 1.5 until we release version 1.9.
- Version 1.7 will be available until 2010-10-01.
- Precipitation and symbol values for the first time intervals have been missing in all earlier versions. This has now been corrected.
- 1.7 is meant as a transitional version, you may use 1.5 until we release version 1.8.
- Version 1.6 will be available until 2010-09-01.
- 1.6 is meant as a transitional version, meaning that you may use 1.5 until we release version 1.8.
- probability elements added.
- fewer elements available for EC-data.
- new element, humidity, added to location.
- version 1.4 will expire 2008-11-01.
- changes in
<model>element: Added attribute termin, replaced attribute timespan with the attributes from and to.
- version 1.3 will be available up to and including 2008-03-01.
- New version, 1.3, available.
- v1.3 includes element
<meta>, with info about the forecast models.
- v1.2 will be available up to and including 2007-11-15.
- New version, 1.2, available.
- Version 1.1 will be available up to and including 2007-10-02.
- Added xml-elements: fog and low/middle/high - clouds.
- Value of xml-element 'temperature' now originates from a different model-parameter.
- Locationforecast has now limited access
- Locationforecast is might return the XML as plain xml or zipped.
- Initial release version