Several independent developers have made third-party client libraries for the various met.no APIs. We take no responsibility for the functionality of these (in fact we know some of them are broken!). Also, at the time of writing all of these using Locationforecast depend on the deprecated 1.9 version; these must be updated to 2.0 before 2021 to continue working. Please contact the developers directly if you have any issues.
The official MET Norway code repo can be found at https://github.com/metno.
WeatherAPI third-part client libraries
Note that most of these use the deprecated Locationforecast/1.9 which will be removed by the end of 2020, and need to be updated to use Locationforecast/2.0.
- https://github.com/mr-raw/metno (removed?)
- https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/LibGWeather - The GNOME Weather library (currently the largest user after Yr)
- https://github.com/Danielhiversen/pyMetno - Python library to talk to the met.no API
- https://github.com/Rory-Sullivan/metno-locationforecast - Python library for locationforecast/2.0
- https://github.com/toringer/home-assistant-metnowcast - HomeAssistant Nowcast plugin
- https://metacpan.org/pod/Mojo::YR (Mojolicious, obsolete)
- https://github.com/jhthorsen/mojo-yr (Mojolicious, obsolete)
- https://metacpan.org/pod/Weather::YR (broken)
- https://github.com/pionl/METno (must be updated to work with locationforecast/2.0)
Frost API (observations)
- https://github.com/ArcticPuffin/frost_api_metno (Jupyter Notebook)
- https://github.com/andehen/MetNoPy (deprecated, uses eklima.met.no which has been replaced by Frost)