Gribfiles - Serve grib files on the coast from Oslo and Western Norway
This module make some of our grib files available for access and download. The content is made to support yachts and yachting. Note that these files are meant for downloading and used with external software. All areas have all kind of contents. The data are delivered with content type application/octet-stream
If you need other parameters or areas, please look at https://thredds.met.no (netcdf only, no grib).
This follows oceanographic convention instead of meteorological convention, meaning that the value indicates where the waves are moving, not where they are coming from.
Valid areas are: oslofjord, skagerrak, sorlandet, west_norway, n-northsea, troms-finnmark, nordland
Valid datatypes are: weather, current and waves
Available is implemented.
To check if any files that should be available are missing,
https://api.met.no/weatherapi/gribfiles/1.1/healthcheck (only available for internal use).
- - version 1.0 will be end of lifed at 2016-11-15
- - Due to changes in which models are available, all files are changed. Please refer to the documentation for details of available data.
- - We do not longer support bzip2 as compression. All files is less than 5MB.
- - oslofjorden is discontinued due to changes in available model data.
- - skagerrak will only have current data available.
More wave data available on https://thredds.met.no/thredds/fou-hi/fou-hi.html as NetCDF files.